- Fly-By-Wire Fully Electronic Servo Motor Controls With No Cables Or Tube To Route
- Infinite ?Just Right Temperature? Air Blending
- Infinite Blower Fan Speed Adjustment
- High Volume Dehumidified Defrost Mode
- Separate High Capacity Aluminum Plate & Fin Cooling Coil
- Copper/Brass CuproBrazeTM Parallel Flow Heater Coil
- Mounts Behind The Dash
- Uses Your Factory 4-Lever Control With Exclusive Electronic Cable Converters
The Gen IVâ„¢ is Vintage Air's most powerful and intelligent climate control system. Gen IV systems utilize the exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control servomotor drives to eliminate cables or vacuum connections. Separate high capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate and fin cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments. Our new 1959-60 El Camino SureFit â„¢ system uses the exclusive electronic cable converters with your original 4-lever control panel. Additional features include variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend. SureFit â„¢ Systems are engineered specifically for each vehicle application and require minimal alteration to the vehicle for installation.
The Short And Long Of Chevy Water Pumps
Chevy El Caminoâ€™s mechanical short style water pumps measure 5-5/8” high from the shaft down with the pilot shaft diameter measuring 5/8". Long style Chevy El Camino water pumps measure 7” high from the shaft down, and the pilot shaft diameter was 5/8" as well. Do not mix and match pulleys from short and long water pump engines because this will cause pulley misalignment. An easy way to find out what style you have while your pump is still installed on the engine is to try to stick your hand between the water pump and timing chain cover. If you can slip your fingers in-between you have a long, if not you have a short.